Thursday, May 21, 2009

Me vs. Gene Hoglan - classy dude

So I met Gene Hoglan, drummer extraordinaire of Death, Dark Angel, and Testament, the same night I met that douchebag Rob Dukes on June 25 outside Nokia and it wasn't that exciting. For some reason, Gene was not in the mood to be jovial, and I called his ass on it. The following is our messaging via Myspace.



----------------- Original Message -----------------
From: MetalBro4Life
Date: Jun 26, 2008 12:09 AM


Hey Gene, good meeting you this evening, but goddamn you're a cold human being. I mean, crack a damn smile now and then. I know I'm not the most verbally articulate person, but did I really deserve those visual knives you were throwing at me? Fuck, I'm a fan of yours, and yet you just stand there like some dumb lummox and think... what?.... that you're some drum prodigy or something? I mean, FUCK YOU! I respect you as a drummer, but as a person you are a strange dude. Anyway, I'm sure when we meet again hopefully you'll be somewhat more appreciative of a fan like myself and not be such a cold prick like Brendon, who is an even bigger douchebag.

Anyway, I still think you rock on the drums and look forward to seeing you again. Later!

Your metalbro4life,

Kris

From Gene Hoglan:

Okay, if you knew the conversation I had just fucking had with back home right before I bumped into you and your "I don't give a fuck about these other projects of yours", you'd reconsider this pointless email of yours.
I get EVEN MORE bad news in my life two minutes before I meet you, and you call me a douchebag. Go fuck yourself.
Learn some people skills. Yeah, I DO hope we bump into each other again. And that you can talk your shit to my face, not on Myspace.
Gene


----------------- Original Message -----------------
From: MetalBro4Life
Date: Jun 27, 2008 9:45 PM


I don't want to fight you, Gene, how can I? You're a fuckin' behemoth! I just put so much good faith and excitment into meeting you, because you are one of my drum heroes, that when you seemed callous and unmoved it was like a punch to the stomach - no, seriously! My people skills are fine, I just tell it like it is and how I see it and unfortunately people don't like my opinions... and all I can say is "oh, fuckin' well."

I'll be by BB King's on Sept 16 for your Zimmers Hole show if you want to talk but I don't want to fight you and I hope we can be civil to one another. Hell, I'll buy you some beers. And I hope whatever is troubling you in your life prior to our encounter is quelled soon.

Your number 1 fan and metalbro4life,

Kristoffer Infante



From Gene Hoglan:

SUBJECT: An apology

Kris,
I'm sorry for coming off that way. I apologize. Like I said, I had just got some more bad news on the homefront, and I was quite zombified at the time. These have been black days indeed.
I'm not a callous person, and I do enjoy meeting everyone. I'm sorry if I seemed indifferent. Hopefully the next time will be different. I do appreciate you and your buds sticking around so long after the show.
Next time, I hope we get off on the right foot.
Take care Kris,
Gene


----------------- Original Message -----------------
From: MetalBro4Life
Date: Jun 28, 2008 2:16 PM


Thank you, Brother Gene! You have no idea how much this email means to me. You are a man of class and I admire and respect you even more. I must apologize, too. I'm not exactly someone who is known for their tact and being discreet - maybe that explains why I have no real friends, other than the boneheads I meet at shows. Also, I have a bad problem of thinking that the whole world revolves around me and that the world should be on its knees licking balls, so to speak. I have to curb that if I want to succeed in the world of film, theater and music like I want to. I'm the real douchebag. :)

I sincerely hope whatever is going on in your life is rectified and you are in the right frame of mind. And definitely we will meet - Sept. 16 (Zimmers Hole/SIGH show) -and I'll buy you some drinks. ;) I'll be sure to rectify the blog about you by tonight after rehearsals for my play.

Much love and respect,

Kristoffer (MB4L)



From Gene Hoglan:

Thank you Kris, that means alot.
Take care, and I'll see ya soon.
Gene


So you see, he apologizes for being a cold douchebag at one time, but at least he admitted his mistake, as did I. He proved to be a classy dude, and kinda funny (he actually threaten me... sort of). I like him and he is a cool dude, unlike that big bald prick Rob Dukes of Exodus.

No comments: