Thursday, May 21, 2009

Family Values concert - 8/14/07

Oh, fuck! I'm in so much pain that I can't even write this, but I will......


Family Values, my first, was the sickest, most fun time I ever had! I got drunk, knocked in the head by a flying CD, slid down mud, sort of got into a mosh-pit, messed up my neck from headbanging, got really wet and cold from the rain, almost got into a fight with a douchebag, and got blisters on my feet. Overall, I loved it! This is what Metal is all about!

I got there at 1:30 when the doors opened, played a little Guitar Hero (I sucked on Expert Mode!) and got a Guitar Hero wrist sweatband, and then watched Invitro jam on the second stage. Then, for the next couple of hours, bounced back and forth between the stages to watch Bloodsimple, Through You (the singer threw out free CDs and one hit me in the forehead, which caused me to bleed), Neurosonic, and then the bigger guns Flyleaf (didn't care for them), Trivium (the rain was really bad, so I skipped them), and Atreyu (I was bored of them).

I passed the time by mud-sliding, which was fun and funny. But the asshole Sound Advice staff put a quick end to it. Some girls were mud-wrestling and the dudes kept yelling for them to show their tits. God, I hate my own gender!

It got better with Hellyeah! The return of Vinnie Paul brought a tear to my eye and he gave a shout-out to West Palm Beach here. Then they played Hellyeah, Matter of Time, Goddamn, Alcohaulin' Ass, Waging War, Stone Cold Crazy (by Queen), and You Wouldn't Know. Awesome! Great band with a silly name, but they fuckin' rocked. Then after Flyleaf and Atreyu did their set, Evanescence came out and really did a good job.

Korn, though, stole the show. Hell, it was their fuckin' show. Jonathan, Munky, Fieldy, and Joey Jordison fuckin' rocked the goddamn Sound Advice Ampitheatre. They played some of their best: Blind, Faget, Freak on a Leash, Falling Away from Me, Evolution, Starting Over, and Dead Bodies Everywhere, plus some obscure ones.

Oh, yeah, and some chick flashed her tits at me. She had bologna tits, kinda saggy. And she was a Paris Hilton-wannabe tart, anyway.

Ozzfest has its work cut out for it. I can't wait!

No comments: