Thursday, May 21, 2009

Destruction w/ Krisiun and Mantic Ritual @ BB King - 4/7/09

I decided to ditch my showcase after getting totally sloshed off of the white wine provided for us. Seeing as I was starting to disturb everyone with "Space Oddity" by David Bowie, I decided to leave and go to where I should have been all along... at BB King, watching Kraut thrashers Destruction attempt to tear the roof off the club. Sadly, they missed it. And sadly, I missed Krisiun and Mantic Ritual and had to pay $27 just see Destruction. I'm sure that Krisiun and Mantic Ritual were nothing to write home about. At one point, while one of Krisiun's members was filming with a camera, I confessed on-camera that I had missed their set and had other important things, like my showcase, to do instead of seeing them perform. The dude said they'd be back in September. Whether I'll be there to see them perform remains to be seen.

DESTRUCTION - A typically dull set. No excitement or real energy from the crowd since I still had my fedora hat on my head for the entire hour-and-a-half set, and no good songs to distinguish among the 25+ years in the Kraut band's canon. Instead, I spend the night SUCKING on Ring-Pops (soooo fucking good!), PISSING on the barricade (yes, I was that drunk!), and SPITTING on my enemies at the club - YES, I WAS FUCKING SPITTING ON PEOPLE!!!! And I swear when I say that some old broad actually said she enjoyed seeing me do that! For all of Schmier's schmaltzy speeches about how much he loves New York and all of us metalheads, he failed to come through in the end and greet fans. The same for that ugly, horseface old man, Mike Sifringer, who looks like a bag of bones with faggoty Glam hair and playing his instrument just like how old people fuck - tired and sloppy. Marc Reign, the only member of the band that I met, was a bit of douche, kind of drunk and dismissive of fans. Someone should put these guys in an oven instead of the Jews. Set Rating: C

Good thing, though, is that I'm drunk! I've been drunk for several hours now and hopefully I can forget this one-off night with these Kraut losers and focus on their better peers Kreator, along with Exodus, tomorrow night. Stay tuned, bitches!

No comments: