Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Scott Ian: Doesn't Care about Fans!

The German edition of Metal Hammer magazine conducted an interview with ANTHRAX guitarist Scott Ian on June 4, 2010 at the Rock Am Ring festival in Nürburgring, Germany. When asked about the frustration ANTHRAX fans have felt over the numerous singer changes the band has undergone over the course of the last five years, Ian replied, "TRUTHFULLY, I DON'T CARE!"

Wow, dude! THANKS! That little declaration makes us all proud to be fans of Anthrax. You have anything else to add to that?


Watch this interview here (copy/paste): http://www.metal-hammer.de/Anthrax_Video_Interview_Scott_Ian_Gesang_Posten_Joey_Belladonna.html


"I don't think people should worry so much about what's going on in the band. I understand being a fan and I understand loving a band and being dedicated to a band, 'cause I'm a huge fan of many bands. But I don't have any control over whether or not FAITH NO MORE's gonna make a new record. I want FAITH NO MORE to make a new record, but I can't control that, [so] I don't worry about it. There's bigger things to worry about in life. So if you're a fan of the band and you like what we do, just have faith that eventually we're gonna make a record and it's gonna be a great record. I don't think we've ever let anyone down in the last 26 years of making records and touring. Yes, I understand it's taken us a while to get to a new album, because we've been through some crazy circumstances, but that's just the set of circumstances we're in, and there's no reason for us to rush anything. That would be the biggest mistake, 'cause if we rush something now, then we risk putting something bad, and then the fans would really be upset."


DUDE! Who are you kidding? ANTHRAX have been dead and irrelevant since 1993's Sound of White Noise when you pricks couldn't muster and sustain enough manpower and ability to ride past the grunge era! Instead, you decided to follow along like sheep with no direction of your own - and ended up screwing yourselves! And like you really give a damn about fans being upset? Oh, wait, but you just said you DON'T care what we think, and now you're concerned about making a bad record that we - THE FANS - might not be happy with?

Pick a side and stay there, you stupid asshole! Or I guess you're just content with playing poker and singing in another band with those faggots from Fall Out Boy instead? I rest my case.

No comments: