Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My Chat with Corey Beaulieu (Trivium) and the firing of Travis Smith!

This is my chat with Corey Beaulieu of Trivium telling me exactly what the status is for drummer Travis Smith within the band. For fans of the band, prepare to be heartbroken. For detractors of the band, prepare to rejoice!

 
9:16pmKristoffer
Why so bored!? Don't you have a girlfriend to hang out with?

Or a boyfriend maybe?

9:18pmCorey

nope

or no one i care to hang out with haha

9:18pmKristoffer

Well, Hulk Hogan's o TNA wrestling right now

And Bret Hart returns to WWE Raw tonight as well

9:19pmCorey

haha nice

9:19pmKristoffer

I'm stuck in school now

9:19pmCorey

oh shit

9:20pmKristoffer

Doing online stuff, pretty boring as well

Hogan's on Spike and Hart's on USA channels, respectively

9:21pmKristoffer

Guess you don't need me anymore, huh? Hahaha!

9:26pmKristoffer

So what's all this about Travis quitting the band?

9:27pmCorey

we parted ways

9:28pmKristoffer

Any particular reason?

Lemme guess....

He couldn't handle life on the road?

Or too much temptation?

9:29pmCorey

it was alot of things.. biggest thing was his playing was getting bad

9:29pmKristoffer

Wow!

Honestly, I never noticed

;-)

9:29pmCorey

and add on other things it was best to replace it

9:30pmKristoffer

The only time I saw you guys with him was at Family Values in '07 in West Palm Beach

So who do you have now?

As a replacement, that is

9:31pmCorey

weve had a new guy for a couple months

9:31pmKristoffer

I must ask you....

when are you guys going to bust out of the whole Metallica/Machine Head junior-leaguers status?

9:33pmKristoffer

I see potential in you fellas, but it's tough to say that you guys will lead the torch when Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax are put out to pasture

As of right now, the future belongs to Lamb of God, Machine Head, Mastodon, and Slipknot

9:36pmKristoffer

C'mon, bro, I ask because I care

9:36pmCorey

there wasnt a question in that

9:37pmKristoffer

even though I wasn't thrilled by how you acted at the Fillmore gig

Yes there was

I asked you when are you guys in Trivium going to break out and break away from being junior versions of Metallica and Machine Head

9:38pmCorey

next album

9:38pmKristoffer

You're sure?

Isn't that what you guys said about "Shogun"?

9:39pmKristoffer

Or was Roadrunner doing all the talking for you?

9:40pmCorey

hahano

9:40pmKristoffer

I'm friend, kid, and a potential fan

I just want to understand where your heads are at and where does Trivium fit in the evolution of heavy metal

9:43pmCorey

im jumping off here gotta run to the store! talk later

9:43pmKristoffer

okay, later, kid

 
9:54pmCorey is offline.

No comments: