Sunday, April 18, 2010

Blackgates is Dan Nelson's reclaim to fame! (Eat this, Anthrax!)

The first glimpses of Dan Nelson's new big-band project are started to take shape. Nelson, as we all know as the former frontman of that dreaded sinking-ship of a band called Anthrax from 2007-2009, has emerged with a new group of dudes with 'tudes! And he's brought some ample manpower to back him up. PAUL BOSTAPH!!!!! Yeah, that dude from a couple bands you may know as TESTAMENT, EXODUS.... oh yeah, and you may have heard of SLAYER, perhaps? Not too sure of the other two guys flanking Nelson and Bostaph, but they look pretty sick (and I mean that in a good way).

My first impression, based on this photo of the band, was of a Seattle grunge-style Black Sabbath, or Alice in Chains from back in the day. (It might just be the color tone of the pic, though.) I wish I could say that I've heard some tracks, but Nelson assures me that everything is coming along nicely and "to expect something very unexpected"! No doubt we'll probably get to see and hear Blackgates before those dinosaur douchers in 'Thrax can release "Worship Music" (GOD, I HATE THAT TITLE!!!!) in time.

At this point, my money's on Blackgates! Hang 'em high! \m/


No comments: